This day excursion will take you on a trek through the stunning Atlas Mountain of Ijoukak.and Assif Nfiss Ancient Villages
Trip Itinerary :
Departure by car from Marrakech around 9am in the morning and drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, past the Asni weekly market every Saturday then Ouirgane to the Marigha traditional salt mines that are still in use. Continue driving past the Ouirgane dam and the N’Fiss Gorge. You will also pass several villages that have a Tuesday market Tahanouat .
Once you reach the N’Fiss river valley, you’ll start the hike to the villages of Ait Berihi, Imawnan, and to Tin Mal (also Tinmel and Amazigh) is a small mountain village in the High Atlas 100 km from Marrakech, Morocco. We will then visit a mosque from the 12th century. Enjoy lunch at a local Berber family’s home in Ijoukak. Then, it is back to Ouirgane or Marrakesh and the end of Day Excursion To Ijoukak.
You will Be Doing:
- Stop in Douar Essour Tahanoute ( Photo Stop)
- Lunch will be served in a local Cafe
- Trek for 1 Hr Via Berber villages ( can be extended to 2 Hrs) Optional
- Visit the 12 th Century Tinmel Mosque
- walk up the Lguendafi kasbah
- Having Tea by Ouirgane Lake
- Optional Mule Ride for 30 Mn